DEADLINE: APRIL 13, 2018
SEEKING ALL SIZES & GENDERS
Indigenous Fashion Week Toronto is a four-day multi-platform festival of the most distinct and progressive Indigenous-made fashion, craft and textiles launching May 31-June 3, 2018, challenging mainstream perceptions of Indigenous people and culture, which are often stereotyped, commodified or exploited. IFWTO is led by Indigenous women, offering audiences an authentic, accessible opportunity to connect with Indigenous artists and celebrate cultural expression.
Indigenous Fashion Week Toronto will host four live runway showcases that will take place over four days. We are seeking 10 – 20 models for these runway showcases with performance experience, including dance and acting, to work with 23 Indigenous fashion designers. Hired models will be invited to perform in 1 – 4 of the runway showcases.
Models will work under the direction of IFWTO Artistic Director, as per the larger collective vision of all showcased designers. Hair & Make-up will be provided and shoes might be requested to be provided models.
Event Dates: May 31- June 3, 2018
Location Harbourfront Centre, Toronto
Compensation: $200.00 (honourarium, subject to change)
NOTE: IFWTO is unable to provide travel, accommodation or travel
Female Model requirements:
- Indigenous models, dancers & actors (for runway) prioritized however ethnicity is open
- Height Range: 5’6″ – 6’1
- Dress Sizes US 6 – 16
- Runway walking experience (including through dancing and acting)
- Minimum age 18 and up
- There will be 1 fitting and 1 event rehearsal
Male Models: Please contact us directly about opportunities with the below application information
APPLY BY EMAIL apply@IFWtoronto.com
- 1 headshot photo
- 3 full length photos (including front, side and back perspectives)
- List experience: 3 – 5 runway engagements, or dance, acting and other performance experience
- Specs & Measurements in Inches (Age, Height, Bust, Waist, Hips, Arm Length, Leg Inseam, Waist to Floor, Shoe Size, Hat Size)
Only those requested for a casting call will be contacted